Do gomukhasana like Malaika Arora to exercise your whole body at once, Bollywood beauty Malaika Arora is a true fitness icon. On this occasion, she shows us how to do gomukhasana or the cow face pose which has various benefits for the body.
Dedication and perseverance is the “middle name” of Malaika Arora. Whether she’s in town or on vacation, she never compromises on her fitness. Once again, she has proven it with her recent posting of “Malaika’s move of the week” on Instagram.
Dressed in impeccable training gear, Malaika can be seen performing a pose that seems quite complex. But guess that? She does it so perfectly! We are sure that she inspires you to move your body, doesn’t she?
On this occasion, she can be seen the B-town beauty doing gomukhasana or the cow face pose. In her words, “This pose helps relieve tension around the hips and lower back. As she stretches her chest and opens her shoulders, the range of motion of her shoulder joints increases. It’s a great pose to relieve stress and mental tension. ”
Here’s how to do it:
- Sit with your legs stretched out on her yoga mat.
- Now bend your left knee and place it under your right leg.
- Bring your left foot to the side of your right hip.
- Now bend your right knee over your left. Try to keep one knee on the other.
- Place your right foot, next to your left hip.
- Next, raise your right arm above your head and bend your right elbow while bringing your right palm behind your upper back (palm back).
- Keep your left arm down and bend your elbow, bringing your palm to the middle of your back.
- Try to hook your fingers.
- Lengthen your spine.
- Keep your chin parallel to the ground.
The benefits of gomukhasana
You’ve already heard about the benefits of this asana from Malaika, but let’s try to dig deeper.
Helps relieve stress and anxiety.
The asana is particularly helpful for those struggling with severe stress and anxiety. Practice this pose regularly, because it not only focuses on breathing techniques but also combines some of the benefits of meditation.
One of the most important benefits of gomukhasana is increased flexibility. That’s because almost every joint in her body is in action, be it the shoulders or the knees. In addition, the asana also helps you get rid of unwanted fat and puts you in good physical shape.
Open the chest
Again, this is one of the greatest benefits of practicing gomukhasana. While doing this pose, your body is in an upright position, while your hands are at the back. This allows the cartilage to activate, further helping to improve blood circulation.
So don’t wait any longer and practice this pose to reap benefits like no other!